Monday, January 25, 2010

Vintage Vogue...


I am sooo loving this new set! You can find it in the Occasions Mini catalog on page 26. I find that my style changes along with my color choices. Right now, I'm liking Mellow Moss again along with the plum colors. For me, that means vintage along with layers and adding sponged color and embellishments. What does it mean to you?


To make the lace that is seen at the top of this card, I took a one-inch wide piece of cardstock and used one of our edge punches. The border on this card was done using a punch you can get for FREE, yes FREE, from the Sale-a-bration mini when you spend just $50 in merchandise! You can actually choose anything from the Sale-a-bration mini catalog for every $50 in merchandise you spend. There is a whole lot to choose from! Okay, back to the lace. hehehe After you punch the entire border, run it through a crimper and then put a line of Sticky Strip adhesive on the back. From there, just apply the "lacy border" to your card and remember to place gathers. You will need to use longer pieces to accommodate those gathers. Take special care in placement because I had a tendency to place my lace going "uphill." lol On this card, I ran out of "lace" so, therefore, I placed one of our corduroy buttons. Hey! It works!

At Club meetings lately, we've done the base cards together and then everyone has been doing their own twist on what vintage is to them. Each card is a unique creation! It has been sooo much fun! Why not give it a try!

Book a workshop and ask that we use this set! You'll be amazed at the possibilities...

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Monday!

Make it a creative day!


Rene'

No comments: