Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Have A Whole Lot To Share With You!!!!

Okay now. Where do I start?! I received this card on Friday from Mary Jo Price-Williams, a fellow demonstrator. After a week of work and finishing physical therapy, I came home to this RAK (Random Act of Kindness). What a nice surprise, huh? No Friday was not my birthday but Mary Jo IS aware that it is lurking very near. hehehe. Hence, the special that you'll be reading further down below. Uh-oh. No looking ahead. Take your time and enjoy the cards and the posts. After all, it has been some time, right? :)

The card above was made by Shelly, a fellow demonstrator who sent it to me. I love this card! She did a really cool thing on it as far as a technique that I had never done before! She stamped the flowers from Fifth Avenue Floral and then she traced the outline using Blender Pens with the same color ink. I love the look!





This is one two-page 12x12 layout of mine from the stamp camp from a few weeks ago. Of course, I used pics of the grandkids. I'm really please with the way it came out.



This is what is called a tri-shutter card. We did this at a club night. When everyone saw my card, they thought it was going to be very complicated. I had already scored and cut the cards for them and included a print-out sheet for everyone. Don't you love the way it opens? It actually is not as complicated as it looks.






Some of you have done this type of card already. It is a fun card to do. We did this card last month at Technique Tuesday. The background of this card was done with Glossy Paper, baby wipes, and ink refills. We also did a technique using shaving cream. We used the Big Shot also for this card. The ladies that came stamped a greeting or salutation of their choice and then adhered it to the top of the card. The butterfly actually spins when you tip the card.



Today I did a workshop for a repeat hostess, Theresa. :) She asked that we do a graduation card. Well, I don't have a graduation-specific stamp set so I thought I would improvise and this is what I came up with. It was a very quick and easy card. Each guest was actually allowed to choose their choice of ink colors. I did a card for an Ilion graduate because we've already received an invite. Ilion colors are gold and brown so I used Chocolate Chip and So Saffron, sponging the ink on to the flowers that were actually Whisper White cardstock, run through the Big Shot with a die. Some of the guests had no graduations expected to go to so they decided to make another type of card like a birthday card. It was cool to see the different combinations each guest came up with.



How long did you think I would go without a card with a bird on it?! lol The bird was done with the same technique as above, like Shelly had done. :) Thanks Shelly! I also think that the button off-sets the card nicely.
Now that you've gone through the details on the cards and scrapbook layout, now RUN to the next post! Don't miss a single detail! Pay close attention.

No comments: