Sunday, January 4, 2009

Woohoo Orlando!!

Thank you to Sue and Kim for coming and helping me yesterday with my swaps. It was soooo appreciated. I'm still working on that one which involves quite a few pieces, using the Big Shot a new stamp set, dimension, ribbon, etc. lol Sue, are you seeing punches today? Do you have blisters on your fingers today? Kim, did you get all of the adhesive off of your fingers? I'll post this swap at a later date BECAUSE we are actually going to be doing this for CLUB this month and I'd like it be a surprise for everyone. Oh, except for Sue. lol She already knows. tehe...



Don't recognize the stamp set used for the card above? You shouldn't! lol It's an upcoming set. You know me and birds. Yes, even chickens. Luv, luv, luv roosters. I have to confess, Ron colored it. Didn't he do a great job?! Toot toot, Ron! This is for a swap in Orlando. The main requirement was NO layers but to use an embellishment and a technique. I used masking, embossing, and even used the perforating tool on the Cutter Kit for the attached bookmark on the front of the card. Even before applying the Crystal Effects to the rooster, the rooster seemed to just "pop" above the French wording.



This is one page of a two-page 12 x 12 layout for a scrapbook swap I'm participating in while in Orlando. Believe it or not, even as a demonstrator for over six years, this is my FIRST scrapbook swap that I've participated in! This page was at it's early phase. There are other components on it now using the Big Shot and the coordinating second page is even nicer! I'll get a picture of this layout posted at a later date.

Thank you again Sue and Kim. Luv you ladies!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Rene'

2 comments:

Barb said...

I just stumbled across your blog from another bloggers list. I am a transplanted NY'er! I am one of the few people you can say NY to and I don't automatically assume you are talking about the city!

I grew up in Canandaiug, just south of Rochester, and my Hubby is from Liverpool... We lived in Central Square a few years before transfering to Michigan. I sure miss you area... its so flat here! I enjoy your pictures...
I have been to Carosel Mall, in fact that is the carosel from Roseland Park that closed in Canandaigua... spent many a Summer day and lots of hours on that ride!
I enjoy your blog and share your love of SU! My upline will be at Leadership too!
My best friend's Mom lived in Amsterdam, and believe it or not, I know where Ilion is!
come visit my blog some time www.bytesfrombarb.blogspot.com

Rene' Russell said...

Barb,
Thanks for visiting! You have a nice blog yourself. :)