Sunday, November 2, 2008

One of the great things...


I love about being a demonstrator is having great resources for ideas. The card with the cattails was actually done using the stamp set, Inspired By Nature. That's a set that we received at Convention this year and one that I've used at Club, stamp camps and workshops since. The set consists of four stamps which are double mounted and it is very versatile. the cattails are done using the Word Window punch!!!! The background was brayered with More Mustard classic ink over Whisper White cardstock and then brayered over with Tangerine Tango. Before brayering with the Tangerine Tango, I punched a circle from a Post-It note and stuck it down where I wanted the sun. You can see where the card opens because there is a sliver of Whisper White peeking out from the side. Thank you and congratulations to Kim Wilson who submitted her card to Stampin' Up! who published her card on Stamper's Showcase. This is where I got the idea for the cattail card.


The other card is my own creation, using scraps that I've had. I have some cards to catch up on and a birthday card to make for a pathologist at work for Tuesday. I'm off to Rochester today with Mary Jo who has to take her son, Matt, for something he is doing. I'm going along for the company. Oh and also probably for a stop at the Olive Garden and the Christmas Tree Shoppe. lol


Casey and Erin brought the kids over on Halloween. I didn't have time to snap pictures because everyone was going in different directions. It was also dark out. lol Scout was dressed up as an adorable bumble bee. Pace was dressed up as a teddy bear but did NOT want to keep the hood on with the adorable ears. Trig was a skunk. Soooooooooo stink' cute!!! A couple of weeks ago, he tipped the scales at the pediatrician's office for a two-month-old, being off the chart for weight and at the 97th percentile for length. The costume he wore for Halloween was black with a furry white stripe going all the way up his back and over the attached hood. It had cute little ears and on his back, in small white lettering was, "little stinker." lol


I won't be home until around 8:00 tonight so my stampin' will be put on hold. I do plan on stampin' some more tomorrow, being that's my day off, but I have to have an MRI of my cervical spine. Thankfully, a lot of my symptoms (aches and pains) are subsiding now from the accident. I still don't have my vehicle back. :(

Happy Stampin' and Stampin' Everyone!
Thanks for stoppin' by :)
Rene'

No comments: